For road warriors: A simple 10-minute roadside rejuvenation
|Our mobile yurt|
I road trip for art. A lot.
There’s a simple solution to staying fit while on the road. One that’s worked wonders for me over the years.
The 10-minute roadside rejuvenation method:
- Every hour pull over at a roadside rest area
- Set the timer on your phone for 10 minutes
- Hop out of your vehicle and don’t stop moving until it dings
Here are some simple things you can do in those 10 minutes:
- Play: If you’re with others, a frisbee, a ball, anything that gets you moving
- Walk around
- While walking, swing your arms vigorously
- Stretch (I do simple yoga poses, slow lunges)
- Finish strong: with pushups, deep knee bends. Pullups if you can find a branch or a part of a structure to use. It really gets your blood pumping.
|West Texas gas station parking lot.
Can you spot the frisbee?