Want a fun way to give anonymously and send little spasms of joy rippling out through your community?
Try Laina Buenostar’s Happy Money method:
- Uno: Take a small bill, a one, a five, a ten — whatever is comfortable for you.
- Dos: Write a blessing or encouragement or treasured phrase on a post-it.
- Tres: Roll the bill up in the post-it.
- Quatro: Hide in plain sight somewhere, where others will come across it easily.
- Cinco: Vanish. Let it all unfurl without you peeping in on who’s receiving it.
Too poor to even give charitably, she hit upon this method as a way of seeding for others — for those who found the money — what she would like to have happen for herself.
Click here for an e-letter on creativity + spirituality + glee once or twice a month.